Friday, 28 January 2022
Thursday, 27 January 2022
Some of the event guest speakers will be ZED ARTS RECORDS founder Bwalia Nkumbula.
Wednesday, 26 January 2022
MADRID (AP) — The creators and administrators of the website Rojadirecta will go on trial over piracy allegations for providing illegal links to Spanish league matches, the league said Tuesday.
The league and broadcaster Mediapro have asked for prison sentences of up to six years for those involved. Prosecutors seek a prison sentence of up to four years. Bail will be set at 4 million euros ($4.5 million).
A Spanish court will set a date for the trial on charges of a breach of intellectual property.
Prosecutors said those being accused gained significant benefits through advertising sales on the sites that offered the illegal links. They say those accused also benefitted from commissions for redirecting traffic to betting sites.
The legal process against Rojadirecta began in 2015. The site’s creator was detained a year later and set free on condition he reported to court every month.
The league last month had another favorable ruling in its longstanding anti-piracy fight when court-ordered internet providers to block sites providing illegal links to matches.
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Tuesday, 25 January 2022
Friday, 21 January 2022
— Def Jam Recordings Africa (@defjamafrica) January 21, 2022
Follow TOP ZED BRANDS for more.
Saturday, 15 January 2022
Sunday, 9 January 2022
📹 𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗖𝗛 𝗛𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗟𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗦— #TotalEnergiesAFCON2021 🏆 (@CAF_Online) January 9, 2022
Cameroon secure all 3️⃣ points in the #TotalEnergiesAFCON2021 opening game against Burkina Faso courtesy of a Vincent Aboubakar brace 🇨🇲 🦁 #AFCON2021 | #CMRBFA | @Football2Gether pic.twitter.com/6va4gzIolP
Photo Credit: Didier Lefa (On Twitter)
Wednesday, 5 January 2022
NIRAS Zambia limited is a part of NIRAS International Consulting www.niras.com which is focusing on development assistance consulting. Whereas NIRAS has been present in Zambia for over 40 years, NIRAS Zambia ltd., was established in 2005. We are currently implementing projects in Zambia with focus on rural development, agriculture, energy, private sector development and governance.
To support the Country Office Director in maintaining accurate and reliable accounting records, complying with local tax regulations and other administrative tasks.
A: ORGANISATIONAL ACCOUNTING AND ADMINISTRATION
- Accurate processing and posting of transactions into the accounting system in line with accrual basis of accounting.
- Process payments in line with financial management procedures and ensure transactions are properly supported.
- Liaising with the regional finance team at the African Head Office (AHO) to extract data and reports to deliver timely and accurate financial results in line with with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Assist in payroll accounting including specifications of reimbursed costs, allowances, and any other specifics.
- Assist the AHO in preparing budgets and cash forecasts and ensuring the country office complies with the budget.
- Assist in preparing timely and accurate monthly accounts and management information for the country office.
- Support projects in raising invoices to clients, European head offices and other country offices, and following up payment.
- Updating accounts payables and receivables and ensuring internal and external clients have up to date information of projects in the country office.
- Treasury functions including reconciliation of main bank and cash accounts, overseeing banking facilities, petty cash accounting, and cash flow reporting.
- Ensuring effective management of multiple foreign currencies and negotiating exchange rates with the bank.
- Prepare for and assist to coordinate the annual audit and following up implementation of audit recommendations.
- Assist in maintaining controls over fixed assets including tagging of assets and annual physical verifications.
- Maintain a schedule of regular utility bills and follow-up on bills to ensure they are paid before the due date.
- Ensure proper filing of both computerised and physical accounting records
- Regular backup of the computerised accounting system.
- Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary.
B.TAX AND COMPLIANCE
- Preparation, payment, and timely filing of statutory taxes such as PAYE, Withholding tax, VAT and Corporation Tax.
- Work with the AHO regional finance team to monitor and align with the NIRAS transfer pricing policy
C: PROJECT ACCOUNTING
- Overseeing project accounting for ongoing projects.
- In liaison with project managers monitoring project budgets and expenditure and providing advice on project expenditure.
- Checking the accuracy of costs charged by sub-contractors and compliance with their contracts.
- Preparing sales ledger invoices for projects in compliance with the terms of the client’s contracts.
- Providing project managers with up-to-date financial information on projects to allow them to make informed decisions.
- Inputting project data into the accounting system.
- Ensuring all project revenue is promptly and fully invoiced and collected according to contractual terms.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIs)
- Accurate and complete bookkeeping and reporting.
- Accurate cash forecasts and monthly budget forecasts.
- Timely preparation of payroll and payment of salaries.
- Timely payment of taxes and filling of tax returns on or before the due date.
- Timely preparation of monthly and annual reports as per the specified due date.
- Maintaining strong internal controls and ensuring compliance with financial management procedures.
- Timely follow up and implementation of audit recommendations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors with full or part qualifications in a recognized professional qualification in Accounting (ACCA, CPA or ACA) or equivalent with 3 years’ minimum accounting experience in a busy company setting
- Good working knowledge in internet-based accounting system i.e., Quick books
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation, and coaching.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets.
- Ability to present information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Ability and willingness to quickly change work practices and hours and ensure a fast turnaround for urgent tasks.
- Excellent computer skills especially in MS Excel spread sheets and MS Word.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications which include a detailed CV, cover letter and contacts of 3 references via email to AFRICA_RECRUITMENT@NIRAS.COM by 10th January 2021. Hardcopies will not be accepted.